If your Northern Kentucky house is facing a foreclosure, and you wish to avoid it… or if you just need to sell your Northern Kentucky house fast for another reason (you inherited a house, relocating and need to sell, lost your job, agent can’t sell your house, etc.)… then one of the best options that you can consider is thinking about finding someone to buy your Northern Kentucky house for cash.
By doing this, you will not only profit by improving your credit rating but also get extra money into your account. Your credit score, which is an important aspect of your financial life, will remain untainted since you will settle your debt in time, and you can use the extra cash from your sale in other projects.
However, you have to study the prevailing market conditions. That is, find out factors that are likely to influence the value of your home before getting ready to sell it. Remember, when your house is foreclosed, you will lose your property as well as your credit rating.
Buy My Northern Kentucky House for Cash: The Plan
The first step that you need to take in order to sell your Northern Kentucky house fast to someone else with a “buy my Northern Kentucky house for cash” mentality, is to come up with a game plan.
Your NKY real estate agent can help you come up with this. Be sure to negotiate with your lender as you contact an agent who is well informed regarding the sale of such properties in your area. The agent should have the latest report on property values in order to help you quote the right price for your house.
Currently in Northern Kentucky, it is a seller’s market, meaning sellers are generally able to sell their houses faster and for more money. This is true all over Northern Kentucky – Fort Thomas, Bellevue, Newport, Florence, Burlington, Union, Independence, Erlanger, Alexandria and anywhere else in NKY. But if you have too many repairs or just need to sell fast, you still may want to sell your house for cash to get a quick close.
1. How fast do you need to sell?
This is one of the most important first decisions you need to make… because this really dictates what options you really have. If you have more time, you have more options open to you.
If you have less time, your options are a bit fewer, but you still have great options out there.
If you need to sell in less than 2 months (or even less time than that), you likely don’t have the time to list your house with an agent. You’ll likely have to try to sell the house yourself (if you know how to) or sell your house to a local professional house buyer like We Buy NKY Houses (or you can call us at (859) 412-1940 and we can make you a fast-fair all-cash offer on your Northern Kentucky area house).
The reason why is that it generally takes a few weeks to get the house ready for market. Then, you have to take the photos and get it up on the MLS. Even if it sells within the first few weeks, financing typically takes about a month. So, you are pretty easily looking at a minimum of 60 days to get to the closing table and get your check.
2. How much do you need to sell your Northern Kentucky house for?
Note that above it says “how much do you need” to sell for. If you’d like to sell your house for full retail, but you have to sell your house fast and can’t afford to list it with a real estate agent, determine what you need to get out of your house sale.
That’ll help guide you to your true options for selling.
When we talk about the price you “need”, we are talking about the price that will pay off whatever loan you still owe on the property plus any other closing costs. If you can’t afford a 6% real estate commission out of that sale, you probably can’t afford a real estate agent. If you can’t afford repairs on the property, you’re not going to get full market value for the home.
On the flip side, if you need near full-retail value and you can wait it out for a retail buyer to come along who can pay that price… list your house on the MLS.
If you don’t have the time… consider talking to us for a fast cash offer on your house (we can make you an offer in less than 24 hours and close in as little as 7 days if you need to, with all cash).
3. Look into your options and take action!
Like I mentioned above, if you’re looking for someone who can say “yes”! when you ask them to “buy my Northern Kentucky house for cash”… the main things you need to determine yourself are:
- How fast you NEED to sell
- How much you NEED to get out of the sale
Once you know those… look at your options below as a quick guide to help you decide which options may work for you with your local Northern Kentucky house sale.
- Real Estate Agent: If you can wait 3-6 months to sell and can afford the 3-6% in commissions on the sale. If so, going with an agent will likely get you your highest price on your property. There are lots of good reasons to use a good agent, and a good agent can help you sell your house for more money than a bad agent.
- Local Real Estate Investor / House Buyer: If you need to sell fast, we can buy your Northern Kentucky house in as little as 7 days. We won’t be able to pay full-retail on your house… but we don’t charge any fees at all. What we offer you is what we pay you. If you value your time and a quick sale more than making a few extra bucks 6 months from now… call us today at (859) 412-1940 or click the link below to fill out our online fast offer form.
- For Sale By Owner: If you can wait 3-6 months to sell but can’t afford the 3-6% in commissions to an agent, you may want to try to sell it yourself.
- Talk To Your Bank: If your mortgage is “underwater” or you’re in or nearing foreclosure… your first step may be to talk to your bank to see if they have any mortgage relief programs. Some banks offer assistance or can at least guide you in a direction to lessen the burden.
We can help you strategize how to sell your Northern Kentucky KY & OH house fast. Give us a call at (859) 412-1940 for help selling your house fast, or fill out our form to see if your property qualifies for a fast-fair all cash offer.
There are several reasons why you may be thinking “buy my Northern Kentucky house for cash – please let it be that simple” (and it can be). Regardless of your reasons, you need to prepare your house for sale just as you would any other product.
A thoughtful preparation WILL turn your home into an attractive option for buyers. Doing it this way, you can sell your house fast and get top dollars.